The Superbowl is this Sunday. Yes, my husband and sons will be yelling for Ray Rice or Frank Gore to run for touchdowns, but like always during the Superbowl, I’ll be focused on the commercials and the food. C’mon, I know I’m not alone in this. This year, instead of sharing the typical Superbowl decor (you know…fake green grass on tables, kraft paper runners, we’ve seen it all), I’m sharing a more design-friendly Superbowl party. Did I just say those words in the same sentence? Yes, I did and I think my friends in the creative industry (planners, etc) will appreciate this.
- Get rid of the oversized hoagies and serve local food from the home teams like Maryland crab cakes (Baltimore Ravens) or soup in sourdough bread bowls and Ghirardelli chocolate (San Francisco 49ers).
- Keep track of boxes (and your drinks) on those cool chalkboard coasters.
- Pick out design elements that mimic important symbols on the football field (the chipper motif for footballs, vertical pylons, or symbolic items like the yellow flags).
- Use serve ware that echoes the design of football elements. We love the Jonathan Adler bowl and that Nason Moretti football shaped pitcher.
- Serve your beer on a stick, like those very cool beer popsicles.
- Ask guests to wear something pink like the NFL players do in October for the breast cancer awareness month (pink socks, tie, etc).
Who is up for a SuperChic Bowl?