I am pretty sure that, by now, you guys are starting to get tired of wrapping. I personally think that I keep Michael’s in business during the holidays. I actually love wrapping presents for people (especially my kids). They are sometimes more excited to see the boxes than they are the gifts. We received this video from Binky over at Cakebot showing us how to create the perfect gift bow cupcake topper. For everyone giving the gift of sweets this year, this video is a fantastic tutorial. Take a look below.
Here are the supplies listed in the video:
1. Frosted cupcakes
2. Modeling chocolate (for a tutorial on how to make it, click here)
3. Rolling pin
4. A stick of gum (like Wrigley Big Red)
5. Pastry wheel or pizza slicer
More helpful tips:
- Use the gum as your guide when cutting the strips for the points. The dimensions and thickness of a piece of chewing gum are just right for this project.
- When rolling out your modeling chocolate, you can also try using a pasta machine instead of a rolling pin to get a nice long strip to work with.
- Work in a cool room, and don’t work on one piece for too long. Don’t let the modeling chocolate melt in your hands!